Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear friends,
iam an alto sax player from india.i wiant to purchase a soprano sax.i have played the ato sax for two years and expect at least an intermediate model of soprano to play with.please do advise me on what will be the right soprano sax used/new that i can get for arround $600 from USA.my friend who lives in st louis will get the same ffor me.please do let me know if i have to increase my budget to get a decent soprano.you valuable advice on the same is appreciated.

thanks and regards,
vimal

·
Mouthpiece Refacer Extraordinaire and Forum Contri
3,406 Posts
It may take some shopping around and patience, but look for a Vito soprano made in Japan (by Yanagisawa). It's a professional level instrument at an intermediate price.

·
Registered
149 Posts
yanagiswa soprano is great. if you can find a used in good condition then i think it might fit into your budget. Otherwsie, i would suggest that you might want to try some others. In the forum, there are alot of the people talking about teh Antigua soprano which they say that if you can not affrod teh yani then it best be the best next choice. You might want to ask you friend to help you to look into it.

good luck hunting..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot Mr. EZ and Mr.Windman for your spontaneous reply.i shall try exploring the same.expecting more valuable suggestions form you all.

thanks and regards,
vimal

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
631 Posts
even the 2nd hand sopranos from Yanagisawa are worth some serious considerations

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
4,370 Posts
You can get a brand new LASAX big lip soprano in royal gold plate for around $625 online at Prowinds last time I looked.........

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,961 Posts
You can get a brand new LASAX big lip soprano...
Immediate flash back to the Cosby animations! What was that character's name???

·
32,961 Posts
No, the image in my mind is one of a skinny lookin' kid with a big floppy hat and huge lips.

·
32,961 Posts
Arggggggggggggggggggggghhhhh...

I had to look it up - "Dumb Donald" is the one I was thinking of. His hat covered most of his head and face, leaving only his lips to show. In the intro to the Fat Albert and Friends show, Dumb Donald plays in trombone in the band. Figures...

·
4,370 Posts
Now that you mention it, I think I've seen Dumb Donald on "The Apprentice".....

·
32,961 Posts
Dat be da one without the hat.

I think it's a crying shame that D. Trump pulled out of the run for presidency so soon. The late night comedians missed an Opportunity.

·
4,370 Posts
Trust me I watch the Tonight Show and Jay Leno got plenty of mileage out of DD's "will I run or not?" game. I will miss the 25% tariff on Chinese goods though:twisted:....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dear All,
I Thank all of you for your valuable comments.i am lookin atthe RS Berkeley Signature Series SS-522 Lacquer soprano sax.it is arround $850 and i have seen some good reviews in this forum too.can any one share his/her views on the same.i would be more glad if thereis anyone who had played the same and could give me a review.

regards,
vimal

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yamaha, it is great quality and will last you LONG!

·
Registered
818 Posts
From my personal experience I love my Antigua curvie. Examples of the sound here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjlA15fIdkA

My dad bought me a Cannonball for graduation, but for me, I still go back to the Antigua.
I have heard that Venus' are good horns, and you should be able to pick up a used Bauhaus for that price.
Good luck.
Hey sounds good Amanda!!! keep up the good work!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts