Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i am a freshman in high school and i have been playing on a Selmer C** mouthpiece on my Selmer Paris Series II. I tried an Optimum today and i didnt like it too much. It wasn't dark enough, and i felt like the pitch could be bent really easily. I want to try a mouthpiece that one of you reccomend. What is the best bari mouthpiece that will give me a nice, full, dark tone on 3 1/2s?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
1,564 Posts
There might be a Yamaha 5C kicking around the band room at your school that someone will let you try out.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's wrong with the C**?
The projection isnt that great. I'd like to have a nice dark tone, with a better projection and easier to play on.

I've heard good things about the Vandoren B35. Is it any good for classical? Selmer S90 anyone?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess im looking for a mouthpiece that is free blowing, yet dark. I want to be able to make a Size 3 vandoren sound dark or a 3.5 be free blowing and dark. I feel that the optimum makes everything sound really bright.

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist / Forum Contributor 2
4,202 Posts
The Vandoren B35 would be a nice place to start. Can't say that you'll get that much more projection. You might consider looking at the Rousseau 4R as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts