Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all:

Been looking on Ebay for low cost tuners...any users of these and recommendations?
Intellitouch, Intonation Trainer, Korg CA40 etc etc..

thx

·
SOTW Administrator
26,208 Posts
Korg is usually pretty good.

There's also plenty of freeware out there, if you practice near your computer.

C

·
0 Posts
I second the Korg. I got one with a sax I purchased. It was easy to use and straight forward.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have a Korg TM-40, which is a digital tuner and metronome. I bought it over the 'net for around US $40something. I like it...I just wish there was a way (maybe there is??) to tell it to tune for a Bb instrument, since I play soprano. (If anyone knows how to do that, please let me know!)

Kermit

·
Distinguished Member and Forum Contributor 2008
6,395 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
My favorite is chromatic tuner is the Korg DT-1. I have two, though both in black, but am not willing to part with either...

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
About a year ago I bought a "Conductor" brand - AU$26 delivered from Hong Kong. It's still working fine, even if the rather tacky metronome beep is very annoying.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
try the korg aw-1 microtuner. it clips on your horn and you can tune while you play even in an ensemble or on stage. can switch from mic to piezo and can use on any instrument.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the input -- I'll check each one out and see what to go with..

thanks again

·
Distinguished SOTW Member and Forum Contributor 20
1,419 Posts
I would advise making "standard" batteries a prerequisite for your selection - AA or AAA seem to be available choices. They are MUCH cheaper than the button batteries that some tuners require. I think the Korg 40 uses AAA, but you might want to check that.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2014
26,407 Posts
My little KORG ca-30 works ok. I've never needed it on a gig though, always tune to the piano.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I use a Seiko ( can't remember the model) but it has a transpose function C,Eb,F, and Bb also has pitch adjustment 415-446Mhz
it was about $40.00 Australian

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I use the cheap Korg with very good results. On gigs I use it to prove that the other horn players are not in tune!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I think all these tuners are fine- but the ones with metronomes?- I can\'t hear them very well! Which one has a LOUD metronome???

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm getting a Korg online for $19. you can't beat that. I already have a Korg MA-30 metronome which I find loud enough, and it plays all twelve notes for tuning. So why do I need the tuner ?....

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008
830 Posts
The Korg is great! Easy to use, easy to understand.

However, I use a PlanetWaves CT-05 because of the flexibility of it. If you aren't sure what someting is tuned to, it will tell you (A 415-466). Great for when the piano is JUST out of tune and you want to tune to it. Only two problems with it: the price, and the fact that it sometimes turns on in the case. Takes AA batteries though!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts