Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a good D8 Dukoff alto.

Which is for you a very good ligature for this mpc (I don't like the stock lig)

Thanks for your proposals and knowledge !

·
Registered
604 Posts
Years ago, I used a Selmer 2-screw brass lig for a HR soprano mouthpiece on my Dukoff alto mouthpiece, and it worked great! It appears that Selmer may no longer be making the 2-screw ligs, but any HR soprano lig should work. Check it out and see what you think.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Years ago, I used a Selmer 2-screw brass lig for a HR soprano mouthpiece on my Dukoff alto mouthpiece, and it worked great! It appears that Selmer may no longer be making the 2-screw ligs, but any HR soprano lig should work. Check it out and see what you think.
Thanks that's interesting

·
Registered
202 Posts
I use a Rovner on mine, but then again I use a Rovner on all my mouthpieces. Just like the way the work and sound.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They may both work on it. I can make a L-12 (snug) and L-13 (little loose) work on the tenors. Most alto and tenor Dukoffs take the same metal lig from Dukoff. The new ones do.
MOJOBARI, As I said I bought one and found it so fantastic for my Dukoff ; ultra free blowing ! that I think to test a second one for my Meyer NY. The L6 Rovner Light is the right size, is it also very good for Meyer HR mpc ?

·
Registered
381 Posts
I had the same experience after getting the same advice from Mojo some time ago. The Rovner Light is the way to go for Dukoffs D-8s. I have ones on both my alto and tenor.

·
Registered
9,146 Posts
MOJOBARI, As I said I bought one and found it so fantastic for my Dukoff ; ultra free blowing ! that I think to test a second one for my Meyer NY. The L6 Rovner Light is the right size, is it also very good for Meyer HR mpc ?
The L-6 lig fits the alto Meyer. It is a little snug with the thicker Fibracell reeds but it works. I tend to grab a Vandoren Optimum for use on a Meyer but I have not compared it to the L-6 lately.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.