Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allo evryone.
I ve been looking to buy this last week or so for a good pair of headphones.
Looking in the 200 dollars range.
I was looking at Sennheiser,Bose,and AKG.
Any suggestions,or also experiences with these models?
Thanks
Saxobari

·
Registered
73 Posts
I like the Sennheiser PX 200s. They fold up into a very portable case and the sound is extremely good. But they are only about $100, so if you can buy Bose for $200, I would go for those, if portability isn't a decisive factor.

Beware the knockoff Sennheisers that you can find on-line. If the price seems too good to be true...

I didn't like the AKG headphones I tried - way too much bass. Their higher end models might be better.

Cheers,

Andy

·
Registered
35 Posts
Depending on what kind of gigs you play, you could consider getting some noise isolating earbuds that you could also use as in-ear monitors. As an example, Shure SE215, although if you've got $200 to spend, I think you could go a bit more upmarket.

I realise that's probably not quite what you're looking for, but I thought I'd just throw the thought out there.

·
SOTW Administrator
26,208 Posts
Forget the Bose. Are you looking a noise isolating? The best regular headphones are over the ear. I like Sony 7506 and Grado headphones. Earbuds--I dunno. I've never liked them.

·
Registered
299 Posts
The Shure Earbuds are really nice and they have models from $99. I have a $200 pair from five years ago that still works great. Can't hear anything but the music when I use the foam tips. Such definition...

·
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Allo Andy
thanks for the reply.
Yes Bose is one of my first choice.
I like the model that goes over the ears,and with theBose model there is the OE or the Ae2 model,Tha I might go for.
Earbuds ,,sorry Ihave tried them,but simply not for me.
Thanks guys for all the replys.
Regards
Saxobari

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,528 Posts
I bought my daughter some over-the-ear headphones at Christmas last year from Guitar Center. They had a nice selection and the ones I bought were on sale and had a life-time warranty. I believe they were AKG but I'm not sure. The price was about $70. They sound very very good.

For me, there's a guy at a local flea market with a whole pallet of unlabeled over-the-ear headphones. I think the pallet must have fallen off of a truck. Anyway, there only $10 and surprisingly, they sound as good as the ones I got my daughter. I use them when recording and mixing music. I've got a wireless name-brand set, but these from the flea market sound better.

For earbuds, I just use Gummys. They don't sound the best, but do sound better than most cheap earbuds. Most importantly, they seem to outlast most of the expensive brands while jogging in all type of weather. And they are cheap to replace.

·
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Allo guys.
Well I went and bought the Bose QC 15,or the Quiet Confort 15 model.
Man listening to Lovanoe right now writing this,and I can hear Joe like he s beside me :)
The rythm section also is just incredible,I think you gota try them to hear how much quality sound you get from them.
Base ,clarity,and natural sound is just beautifull.I have tried others,nice but some had too much base and so on.
They are also very light and sooooo confortable.
Well happy birthday to me.My wife said last night every year at your birthday you gota buy a toy,,lololo lwell last year the Ipod and this year those headphones,,just FANTASTIC.
So just wanted to share this,
All the best
Mario

·
Registered
73 Posts
NIIIICE! You can't go wrong with Bose. I just bought a set of their computer speakers and they sound great.

Hmmmm, my birthday is coming up....

Cheers,

Andy

·
Registered
534 Posts
Well I went and bought the Bose QC 15,or the Quiet Confort 15 model.
I got my QC 15's earlier this year. I remember me and my friend were at the mall and went to the Apple store. they had an ipod hooked up with the QC 15 headphones. I remember that I put the headphones on, without music, switched that button from off to on and all the noise from the mall went away. I bought my headphones the next day. They are great.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
You should check out the new Bowers & Wilkins C5s. They are in-ear but have open backs and not completely sealed. That provides more open sound stage than a typical isolation based IE.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
If you want the most out of your expensive headphones don't use a lossy compression algorithm to store your tunes (unless you select a very high bit rate).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts