Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the title says. I'm looking for advice on what the best bang for my buck will be for under $1,000 on a new (or used) Soprano Saxophone.

A little background on me:
I haven't played in 10 years (high school). But looking to get back into it. I don't plan on playing a ton, maybe 2-3 performances a year. In middle and high school I was primarily an Alto player but I used the schools Soprano when needed and I loved it over my Alto.

Preferences in my new horn:
• Prefer curved.
• Prefer $750 as my budget but will stretch to $1,000 if needed.
• Finish doesn't matter.
• I will primarily be playing alone and not in a band so I would prefer a better sound over a big sound.

I've been leaning towards the Kessler's but I know there a bunch of options out there. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just as the title says. I'm looking for advice on what the best bang for my buck will be for under $1,000 on a new (or used) Soprano Saxophone.

I haven't played in 10 years (high school). But looking to get back into it. I don't plan on playing a ton, maybe 2-3 performances a year. In middle and high school I was primarily an Alto player but I used the schools Soprano when needed and I loved it over my Alto.

• Prefer curved.
• Finish doesn't matter.
• I will primarily be playing alone and not in a band so I would prefer a better sound over a big sound.

I've been leaning towards the Kessler's but I know there a bunch of options out there. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

There's a 1921 HN White King Curved Soprano in Bb in pretty excellent condition on eBay right now, looks like there's 6 hours left on the auction and it's been set up and adjusted to play. One of these just sold on eBay for $2,500. I think that's the best bang for your buck, honestly

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
7,133 Posts
In general, you get much better straight soprano than curvy for under $1000. But yes, Kessler is worth checking out. And under $600, get a Unison curvy (used).

·
Registered
564 Posts

• Prefer curved.
• Finish doesn't matter.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp_AGN5nLub/

I import these direct from the factory. Solid construction and great sound and intonation.
US $750 + shipping

1 - 8 of 8 Posts