Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,254 Posts
My favorite seat is like the one in your avatar.:)

But, seriously, I practice on the artist bench that I have for my keyboard while sitting. I tend to sit, stand, walk around a bit, too.

Like this one:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musicians-Friend-Deluxe-Padded-Piano-Bench?sku=450321

A trumpet player in the band I play with just turned 80. He's been having a few back problems and he's been using one of the 'kneeling' chairs during rehearsals. He seems to like it.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I always stand when practising I like to walk around a lot it helps me keep time and feel:D

·
Registered
42 Posts
I personally like the regular fold-up metal chairs. I practice standing, but in jr. high we played on those

·
Registered
280 Posts
TetsuoK said:
My work associates and I were discussing the best chair for us to get for the practice studios we just built.
soulfish said:
I personally like the regular fold-up metal chairs. I practice standing, but in jr. high we played on those
In Elementary, Middle, and High School, it was metal chairs all the way... I highly doubt the schools could have afforded good chairs...

Why would one need a chair to practice with anyway? I tend to walk around, stand on my bed, and should I feel the need to sit, A computer chair that no longer has any arm rests And I can lean back in it if I want, so it's perfect for practicing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts