Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the case for my SML gold medal alto, and have noticed it does not fit the standard case, yamaha, yani ,armstrong etc. Any ideas please.
thanks

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/ Forum Contributor 2010
1,159 Posts
Skb

Mine fits well in an SKB 340 Rectangular Alto case. I may have had to press down some of the interior padding a bit here an there - can't remember - but it certainly didn't need much adaptation to fit very well.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I use a Hiscox for my Rev. D. If they're available in down under - Id highly recommend one. Gotta protect that octave link mechanism with the best ;) !

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks ,I will probably look into the Hiscox, hang the expence, I've already damaged one octave mechanism, but that was from forgetting to use the end plug.

·
Registered
855 Posts
baz said:
...I've already damaged one octave mechanism, but that was from forgetting to use the end plug...
I was teasing you, Baz - I shipped you the replacement :shock: !

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The penny dropped after I submitted my reply, the octave mechanism is working flawlessly,thanks again. I just ordered a Hiscox, at around $250 AUD.
From my research the Hiscox had the most favourable response.

·
Registered
855 Posts
That's a good price IMO. Unfortunately, no one carries them in the states anymore. Fortunately, I got an alto and tenor before they ran out.

Great light weight protection with some storage space to boot.

Glad the mechanics on your SML are holding up BAZ ;) ! I'm loving my alto (and dreaming of a tenor...)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have you had any problems with the lining, some players are telling me that after awhile the glue gives out and the lining drops, something to do with the tropics, but they are guitar cases.

·
Registered
855 Posts
It is indeed starting to happen with my tenor case in one spot. The case is about 3 years old. It has not effected my alto case, yet (apparently).

I assumed this was an issue of my tenor case having the glue applied in an improper manner, and was unaware that this is an issue with the brand in general. Had I known that, I certainly would have added a caveat - sorry.

I am still happy with my case choice, though, as it saved my alto from a drummer knocking it off a table onto a concreted floor.... (insert drummer joke here).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts