Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I need a Baritone sax, and on a fixed budget, because we purchased a home. But, I need a bari to get by and wanted to know the best bari's made in China or Taiwan and the best company or people to purchase my baritone sax from... Thanks...

Philo

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Braitone/Which One To Buy Via China/Taiwan

Hi all

I need a Baritone sax, and on a fixed budget, because we purchased a home. But, I need a bari to get by and wanted to know the best bari's that are manufactured in China or Taiwan. Which is the best company or people to purchase a baritone sax from... Is it Taishan - cnbosherus in Shandong, China - or Topseller in China...

These guys are on ebay, if you know of another company that sell good bari's please post it here. I never thought I'd buy a horn from China or Taiwan, but... I just need a bari to get by till I can get another SA 80 Series II, a Yani, or Yamaha...

Thanks...

Philo

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,877 Posts
China and Taiwan are two VERY different realities ( despite being populated by people whom generally speaking speak the same official language), also the cost of instruments is generally WAY higher in Taiwan that in China.

So , while you can find a Chinese Baritone for less than €1500 you won’t be able to find a Taiwanese made baritone for nearly 3 times as much.

Taishan seems to gather lots of favor among the Chinese makers. If you are interested in a Taiwanese product on Taiwan I can get you in touch with somene there who can sell you a good baritone. There are only few factories on the island specialized in making baritones.

Many brands buy their baritones there.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,437 Posts
The Kessler Music 'Solist' baritone is a good one. I've had mine for four years, probably had it out on 75 gigs and have only had to do minor little repairs, like replacing a small piece of cork, etc. Intonation is very good and it has the excellent combination of a deep low end along with a clear upper register. It has a nice round baritone sound and can have plenty of sizzle on top of the note with the right mouthpiece/reed combo. Its a copy of a B901 at 25% of the price, about $2400. It comes from China.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
4,121 Posts
Re: Braitone/Which One To Buy Via China/Taiwan

Baritone saxes from China and Taiwan can be good if you - like with everything else irrespective of origin - look for a good one and put preconceived notions aside.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Braitone/Which One To Buy Via China/Taiwan

on back order... I was thinking of getting one of these... thanks... price is not bad either...

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I saw an ad this week for the Buffet 400 from Cascio Music in Conn. $2600.

Milandro would know for sure but I think it is made in Taiwan. Even if not, the other 400 horns are very well made. I had a tenor and loved the way it plays.

·
Administrator
17,291 Posts
I apologize for that... How do I merge the two threads... Thanks...

Philo
Best is to not start double threads!

Merging of threads can only be done my moderators (your double post was reported by another member).

Good luck with the search. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts