Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a lot of "horn stuff" off craigslist and found a long-unused berg tenor piece (among many other little gems).

Problem is, I know nothing about Bergs.

It's a relative small tenor piece, with a very aggressive, bright sound. From what I can find on the innertubes, it's a .115 (measures a little off on my calipers) with a small #1 chamber. The M indicates a 'Murican facing (v. a SMS French facing), but damned if I can find anything on the -B part.

It's quite a nice piece, waaaaay too bright for me (so I'll most likely be looking for a possible trade to try something else out...heh), but I would like to know more about it before I start GASing out....some more.

So...any insight on this piece? It's in damn fine shape.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,437 Posts
Need pictures, but have never heard of a Berg with any other markings like a 'B'. Is it bronze by any chance? Anyway, a 115/1/M Berg should be easy to sell. Value depends on condition and vintage, which we should be able to tell with good pictures.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
4,121 Posts
Modern production Berg Larsen in bronze aka "gold series". Standard version, not the vintage or the duckbill. Retails new $250-300ish.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to know.

It will at least be good trade-bait for a vintage series Link....

Plus, it basically pays for the lot!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,437 Posts
Current Bergs are not particularly sought-after. You might have to let somebody try it in order to get half-price for it. I would consider it a good 'blank' to send to a known refacer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts