Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I Have question
to my tenor sax have a few bents in the bell and i want to know if the bents kindness on the sound and the tuning
the bents no touch on the clappas
i ****d pics ( where have black dot is the place of the bent )

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist/Official SOTW Guru
3,764 Posts
What kindof Bentz? Mercedes Bentz or just regular bentz? :)

Can you post pics? Unless they are really big dents, I shouldn't think they'd have too much effect.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008
830 Posts
Yes, it shuld not cost too much to repair them, although, as stated earlier, the dents should not affect the playing much, if at all. If they were higher up on the body of the horn, then they would be harder to get too, and more expensive to fix.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I Come Back From the school i Check the tuning and the sound
if the sound or the tuning damged i fix that
and today i go for my sax repier and i asq him about that

·
Distinguished SOTW member, musician, technician &
5,049 Posts
הי ברקו

העיקומים הקטנים האלה לא אמורים להשפיע על הצליל או האינטונציה בכלל, גם בגלל המיקום וגם בגלל הגודל שלהם. יכול להיות שהמכה עיקמה עוד כמה דברים, אולי אפילו את כל הפעמון, וזה יכול לגרום לזה שחלק מהכריות לא סותמות, ויכול להיות גם ששום דבר לא קרה ואין מה לתקן​

(This is not a mistake but I just answered in a different language)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
clarinbass

הכריות סותמות אבל כמו שראיתי הקילוורט עצמו בפעמון מעוצב שהוא עקום
אבל הרגע הרצתי סולמות עם טיונר וכמו שאמרת הצליל לא א נפגע וגם לא האינטונציה (This is not a mistake but I just answered in a different language)

I Play On The Tenor With Tuner And The Tuning And The Sound Not Damged

·
Banned
5,336 Posts
Berko,

I compliment you for your effort to communicate in a language other than your own. The closer the dent is to the mouthpiece, the greater effect it will have on the tone and the tuning.

John

·
5,049 Posts
הי ברקו

במיוחד כדאי לבדוק סי וסי במול נמוכים, כי אלה הכריות שיכולות לזוז מהמכה. נכון שבקיילוורט (וגם בעוד סקסופונים) הפעמון מחובר "עקום" בכוונה אבל הכוונה היתה לתזוזה מהמצב שבו הוא אמור להיות. זאת תזוזה קטנה מדי בשביל לראות, אלא אם כן בודקים את הכריות. אבל אם הכל מנגן כמו לפני המכה אז כנראה שהכל בסדר

ניתאי​

·
Distinguished Technician & SOTW Columnist. RIP, Yo
17,204 Posts
Dogpants, I hope that helps. :) I'm glad I suggested this clarification, just for you. LOL!

But seriously, thanks Clarnibass. It's great when our special skills can be used tok help others.

·
3,764 Posts
Is that Hebrew script? Does this mean the "writing's on the wall" for the Forum as a whole? Or has Clarinbass just put a curse on me. You know of you read it backwards, it says "SG is the Devil." :D ;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I can read just enough hebrew to tell you that he isn't making fun of you. :)

I wouldn't worry about the dents if they are by the bow.

·
5,049 Posts
Dog Pants said:
Is that Hebrew script? Or has Clarinbass just put a curse on me. You know of you read it backwards, it says "SG is the Devil."
Yes it's Hebrew, but if you don't have Hebrew fonts on your computer you can't see how they really look like and it will probably just look like jibrish to you (whatever your computer has instead, usually some weird symbols). Everything I wrote was only answering the questions and advice, nothing to do with anyone else, and since it's Hebrew reading it backwards is the correct direction.

·
3,764 Posts
clarnibass said:
Yes it's Hebrew, but if you don't have Hebrew fonts on your computer you can't see how they really look like and it will probably just look like jibrish to you (whatever your computer has instead, usually some weird symbols). Everything I wrote was only answering the questions and advice, nothing to do with anyone else, and since it's Hebrew reading it backwards is the correct direction.
:) Down Under, we call it "Gibberish" and we can all understand it. Every time a politician opens his/her mouth, everytime you run up against the Beurocracy and everytime you get switched through to a call centre in Mumbai. :)
I didn't know you read Hebrew backwards! Does this mean that to you guys/girls, reading English is like reading backwards? That must be tough. I'll start typing more slowly if that helps? :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
xas ym gninrael naht redrah ,drah si siht stnap god yeh.

or is it like this

sax my learning than harder ,hard is this pants dog hey

when you say your name backwards it sounds like your swearing in Russian at that soldering iron :twisted:

hey dog pants, stnap god yeh

the spelling check had a hard time with the top line as well :twisted:

·
17,204 Posts
And, Clarnibass,
Does it start at the top right or bottom right?
And when it starts, does it head left, or up?
When you hit "Enter", does your computer go UP a line?

·
5,049 Posts
Gordon (NZ) said:
And, Clarnibass,
Does it start at the top right or bottom right?
And when it starts, does it head left, or up?
When you hit "Enter", does your computer go UP a line?
I honestly don't know if these are serious questions or not... :)

It starts from the top right and continues to the left. When you click 'enter' it drops a line just like in English. Basically it is like a side mirror of English, only the letters are different so comfortable to write from the right side. It is not like writing English from the right side.

Dog Pants, English it is not like typing backwards. I'm used to it and it is just the same to me. I don't read Hebrew backwards, I read it in the correct direction that's it's written.

·
17,204 Posts
Dogpants, it's a northern hemisphere thing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts