Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what he's 'doing' with the Trane thing? When I first heard him I thought, "oh cool, he's coppin' some Trane". After having heard his videos for a few years I'm starting to think he's not going to let go of it. I have a few theories, but I'd like to know if any of you have any insight.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Does anyone know what he's 'doing' with the Trane thing? When I first heard him I thought, "oh cool, he's coppin' some Trane". After having heard his videos for a few years I'm starting to think he's not going to let go of it. I have a few theories, but I'd like to know if any of you have any insight.
He is influenced by Trane, a lot! And that's going to be part of him forever as long as he not work on taking it away from his plying.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
4,680 Posts
I heard him switching gears to more of a Wayne Shorter thing when he was playing with Wallace Roney .
Changed his sound and ideas to more mid-60's Wayne in that context.

Where will he end up ? Will he let the Trane thing go ? I have no idea but it is his personal path, anyway .

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
4,680 Posts
It's been almost a year now . What are your theories ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts