Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
They are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!Seen em in Lancaster. Even spoke w/ Jeff Coffin. Jeff was extremely nice to chat with.

·
Registered
247 Posts
sycc said:
Even spoke w/ Jeff Coffin. Jeff was extremely nice to chat with.
I'll vouch for that. Several years ago (about the time he joined the Flecktones and Left of Cool was released) I got to see Jeff Coffin play a quartet gig in this impossibly small cafe in Portland, Maine. Needless to say, he blew the roof off and parted many a head of hair. And yes--a very approachable and affable guy on top of being such a monster player!

Sad to admit I've never seen Bela Fleck and the Flecktones live--I need to remedy that. I really enjoy their CDs, and those solo project releases by Victor Wooten too. Terrific band.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
1,033 Posts
If anyone speaks to Jeff Coffin, ask him how he gets a low A on soprano in Kaleidoscope.

They did just one gig in England earlier in the year. There were a lot of happy hippos at Shepherd's Bush!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just spent 3 days at a workshop in MD with Jeff as a guest instructor, and he is an amazing player and a great guy. I went out to dinner with him and 2 others, when he found out I was a photorapher, he showed my his photos on his laptop. He's got a great eye, and he's taken advantage of the opportunites his travels have taken him. Great shots. I enjoyed his playing and his instruction immensly. I felt lucky to have the chance to meet and listen to him play and talk sax....

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
1,033 Posts
Great pictures! Thanks for posting.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,316 Posts
I wish I could have been there. If you like Bela, check out the DVD Live at the Quick. The astoundingly original variety of jazz blew me away. Where else can you hear a Mongolian throat singer and a jazz bassoonist - just to pick two - all in one title? If you like Jeff Coffin, you might want to check out the CD Bloom. It rocks, and like the DVD, it is not clichéd.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts