Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone else has experience with one of these, or one of their similar models.
http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/1202FX.aspx

I got one of these new in late December; with phantom power, nice functionality, good sound, and the basic effects add-on as a bonus, I couldn't pass it up with a price under $100.

But, after a couple months, the effects circuit stopped working. Everything else was still working, and the sound other was still very nice. I made a warranty claim and after several phone calls, it was confirmed I could send the unit in and get a new unit as replacement. It took a few weeks, and so far the replacement seems good. Not sure if I'll chalk this up as a you get what you pay for thing, as I have no idea what happened with the original one, maybe just luck of the draw thing.

Since I did notice it getting hot before, now I have more air circulation around it and am more cautious about levels etc. when plugging things in and powering up. The odd thing, no power switch.

Shawn

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I have a Behringer mini-mixer that I have used off and on for 10 years. I have dropped it numerous times, broken knobs off it (they still operate, though), & taken it overseas. I has survived, with the led VU meters giving out about 6 months ago. Other than that & the knobs, it's tip-top like the day I bought it.

Maybe the old adage is true, "They don't make 'em like they used to." :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
I've been using the 1202fx for two years, regularly, and gigging near the ocean. It just started to show some "on/off" things in the power jack, that connector with pins, not good. You can find an electrician that can make a direct connection inside the box, and also put a switch on the cable if you want. A friend of mine did that.

Other than that, not a single complain. For 90 bucks, the FX and the overall sound quality is great.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I have a lot of experience with Behringer products. I actually used the 1202FX and had another one stored in the trunk of my car, just in case. The mixer began to develop some sort of a problem (about 3 years ago so I don't remember the details), and I switched to an Alesis unit, with similar specs. The Alesis is a more expensive, higher priced mixer, but I never thought it sounded as good as the Behringer. I think the Behringer had the Alesis beat with both the basic sound reproduction, and the effects also. Behringer seems to be a company that uses questionable parts in building, and poor QC, but a company that knows how to get the most out of those inferior parts. I down-sized a couple of years ago, and switched to a Behringer 4-channel PA/keyboard amp, the K1800FX. The first one I bought was defective right out of the box. Effects section was dead. The replacement unit was 100%, and I've probably used it on over 200 gigs to date. One of the best investments I ever made on a piece of musical equipment. As a matter of fact, I just sold the two 15" powered Behringer speakers I also had, and bought another K1800FX, just as a back-up. Just yesterday, I ordered the 1002FX, to use in a small home studio. It hasn't arrived yet, and I hope it's 100% when I get it.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, i've been fooling around with the new one a few weeks seems to be fine. Agreed, the sound quality is quite good especially the phantom powered inputs w my condensor mic... very transparent and lot of headroom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts