·
Administrator Emeritus
17,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #148

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Thanks Pete! Much appreciated!

It was a blank so I did the outside shape, the facing curve, the table, rails, the beak... LOL The tricky part for the saxello is that I found with a slightly shortened MPC you can get it to play much better in tune than with a standard sop MPC. So I shortened the beak just a tiny little bit. I had accidentally done a similar piece a few months ago but a friend of mine (professional player) tried it on his straight soprano with a tuner and it was so dead on that he wrestled it away from me. So I went back to all my other Sop MPCs but even if they are great on my other sopranos, they all had issues with the saxello. So I tried to replicate the first one and it came out actually nicer. I'm still learning this mouthpiece, I only finished it today so I think it has a bit more in it than what this recording shows, Europa was just the first song that came to mind and the backing track is in C min (original Santana) not the Gato transcription which is a little easier to play on a Bb horn.

Anyway, it was just a proof of concept for me and a ton of fun when things turn out the way I envision them. All the hours with Ron Coelho talking shop helped tremendously, of course.

·
Registered
Selmer MarkVII Tenor
775 Posts
Hello from the Black Forest /Germany

In the pre-Christmas period some Christmas-Sax from my Youtube-channel

Best regards and stay healthy
Wuffy
Very nice tone on your Alto Sax, and nice slideshow of the region where you are living. I enjoyed very much listening you...Many Thanks and Merry Christmas

Reactions: wuffysax

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Hello from the Black Forest /Germany

In the pre-Christmas period some Christmas-Sax from my Youtube-channel

Best regards and stay healthy
Wuffy
Nice playing. I really enjoyed the lovely landscapes. You live in a winter wonderland. Every photo looks like a Hallmark Christmas card. Very enjoyable.

141 - 160 of 164 Posts