Sax on the Web Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Sorry I've gotten so behind on my listening this month - Darn new saxophone distracted me ;). I'm going through each take now, and below are comments for everyone, that I'm sure are long overdue!

What a lovely start! A little dexter Gordon on Alto? :) Thats my kind of playing! Love the way you hit it from the beginning, set a lovely feel through the song. The guitar playing worked great and you definitely have a good mastery of that instrument. I also loved the EWI bit! What a wonderful take you put together for us! So happy I had time to come listen. Thanks for putting this together!
Jared, thanks for listening... you accomplished your duty :) as a host... but mostly as a loyal TOTM member (and now admin).

It's not a Gordon piece at the beginning but my favorite Art Pepper, then just me with a feeling :)

Reactions: J-Moen

·
TOTM administrator
Tenor: Eastman 52nd St, Alto: P. Mauriat 67RDK, Soprano: Eastern Music Curvy
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Jared, thanks for listening... you accomplished your duty :) as a host... but mostly as a loyal TOTM member (and now admin).

It's not a Gordon piece at the beginning but my favorite Art Pepper, then just me with a feeling :)
Ah Pepper! That makes sense, similar qualities of the first note of the tune had me thinking Dexter. Thanks for the kind words, looking forward to another great month!

·
Premium Member
658 Posts

you mentioned above:"The guitar playing worked great and you definitely have a good mastery of that instrument. "
I played guitar in school rock band at the begining of third part of last century :) then bass for many years.
The electric guitar in my music room is more for some blues fun...

I first included guitar in the TOTM - "James" as a trial... interesting that I still can do something. Thanks for noting guitar "mastery". Ha-ha-ha.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts