Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here using these? They are relatively inexpensive and have good reviews from what I have seen.

My senior year of high school, final jazz band concert, I dropped my Link STM just before the show and the shank was bent. The director, a tenor player, loaned me his Beechler white diamond and I remember I loved it. I have been thinking about trying one out recently. Are the new ones comparable to circa 1984 vintage?

·
Registered
564 Posts
I have a Tonalex, which I believe is the same as the Diamond model as far as the facing and chamber, just white plastic. I found it in a shop where it had been sitting for a long time unsold due to having a small chip on the tip rail. I bought it cheap and sent it to Liu Shizhao, who cleaned it up and it is now a sweet playing piece.

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2015-2016
2,666 Posts
I use an alto Beechler diamond. I really love it . I tried the tenor version and didn’t really like that I actually have 2 for alto a s5s and my new favorite is a s6s both play great but I’ve practically but all the way through my 5 over the years but I like the 6 better anyways

·
Registered
247 Posts
I am getting a sense that the white diamond alto pieces are a lot more crowd-pleasing than the tenor pieces.

I still have my (bought new in 1992) Beechler tenor piece. I actually (thought that I) liked it very much and immediately -- in. the. shop. hahahaha ...of COURSE I stopped liking it even a little the day I took it out to practice at home. Would guess I've put well under 100 hours on it. I've got back to it -- just to check in with it, and the various horns that have come and gone along the way -- and it has just never been something I've warmed back up to.

Considering that I bought it more than a quarter century ago and 3,000 miles away, I'm surprised / amused that I still have it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts