Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2010 & Distinguished SOTW Member
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all: I have acquired a Beechler hard rubber alto mouthpiece. It appears that on the side of the mouthpiece it is marked M11S. Can someone break down the what that means? Thanks in advance. Steve

·
Forum Contributor 2015-2017
3,253 Posts
Wowzerz. I have some of those Beechlers.

Yours
Goes
To
Eleven
!!!!!!!!!!!

Never seen one that big.

·
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. That's the thing. It doesn't look or feel that big. And it was included with a beater YAS21 I bought to keep at one of my elementary schools. It plays nicely, yet not remarkably. Doesn't at all feel like what I would assume an alto mouthpiece at .105 would. In fact, I think it's kind of a closed tip.

·
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. That's the thing. It doesn't look or feel that big. And it was included with a beater YAS21 I bought to keep at one of my elementary schools. It plays nicely, yet not remarkably. Doesn't at all feel like what I would assume an alto mouthpiece at .105 would. In fact, I think it's kind of a closed tip.

The stamping of the M11S is very light...and the 11 looks kind of small... could it a be a 4 that didn't get completely transferred to the 'piece? did they make them that small?

·
Registered
564 Posts

The stamping of the M11S is very light...and the 11 looks kind of small... could it a be a 4 that didn't get completely transferred to the 'piece? did they make them that small?
Yes, a Beechler 4 is .070.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts