Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Non Resident SOTW Eccentric & 2012 Forum Contribut
3,259 Posts
Great stuff

For those who like the above sound this one is pretty nice tone too perhaps a little more mellow. Sax starts at 2:00

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He is from what i was told primarily an alto player,. i am in a band with his daughter (sarahlee Vos) she is a great jazz singer too.
Tony vos is 80 years old and now and then he still plays.

I liked that quite a lot. I've never heard of Tony Vos before. Is he primarily or solely a soprano player?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,442 Posts
Wowwww just great.
Thanks for sharing Marcus!
Saxobari

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
730 Posts
He is from what i was told primarily an alto player,. i am in a band with his daughter (sarahlee Vos) she is a great jazz singer too.
Tony vos is 80 years old and now and then he still plays.
I have enough trouble understanding only a little in english (my original language is spanish), but for those who can read dutch: http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Vos

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
41,893 Posts
Koen de Cauter is one of the greatest in the Dutch/Belgian/French Gipsy-Jazz scene , he his a great romantic player with a beautiful sound (and a great voice!) which much is inspired to the playing of Sidney Bechet. I have been digging his WASO recordings and of course it is always a joy to see him perform with the Rosemberg trio. (listen to " Bossa Dorado" !)
Like many others they gather in summer for the festival in Samois -France where great playing takes place in a great atmosphere

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
631 Posts
thanks for the post and clips!
great stuff!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts