Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a brand new Keilwerth cx90 tenor from Matthews Music in The Netherlands last november, 2010, and still haven't received the the right neck for this instrument.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
4,370 Posts
That's odd. What did they do, give you a regular brass neck instead of a copper one:tsk:? Greetings from a fellow Floridian, BTW!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,327 Posts
I have purchased many instruments and mouthpieces from Matthews over the years and everything went well. My most recent purchase from them was a Yamaha German System clarinet. After receiving it, the barrel cracked and after I e-mailed them about it, they promptly sent me a replacement barrel. Did they offer you an explanation? DAVE

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have purchased many instruments and mouthpieces from Matthews over the years and everything went well. My most recent purchase from them was a Yamaha German System clarinet. After receiving it, the barrel cracked and after I e-mailed them about it, they promptly sent me a replacement barrel. Did they offer you an explanation? DAVE
They are claiming that there are issues in the manufacturing of the correct neck. They initially sent a neck for a different horn and knew they did it. They may not want to accept liability and keep putting me off.:cry:

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
4,370 Posts
Nu, it was a copper Keilwerth neck but an inch shorter than the one they should have sent.
I don't understand. I've heard of them doing that with Yamaha saxes, but not with Keilwerths. How did you know it was shorter than it is supposed to be?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts