Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sorry if this question has already been answered but I've trawled through the forum and didn't find an answer ...

I am considering buying a used Bauhaus Waldstein bronze body tenor sax. It is from an estate sale so the seller knows nothing whatever about saxophones.

I have the serial number (030134) but the seller cannot find any other identifying marks on it. My improved action curved soprano has CSS-PD engraved on the bell just below the Bauhaus Walstein logo but this one has nothing.

Can someone tell me how I can identify if it is an improved action or the older one?

Thanks in advance!

David

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Hello David,
welcome to the forum!
I have two Bauhaus Walstein - Saxes I like a lot. Both are from the taiwanese pro series, so I can't answer your question about the the engraving on the bronze body tenor. But Martin Walker, the founder of BW-Saxes, will answer your question. http://www.woodwindandbrass.co.uk/cgi-bin/mf000001.pl?ACTION=SHOWFORM
They sell saxes with wrong or missing model engravings every now and then for a reduced price. Perhaps yours is one of those.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much .. I shall immediately contact Martin. I love my curved soprano. I play with a Theo Wanna Durga mouthpiece and it sings. Very well in tune as well!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I shall take a small screwdriver with me when I go to test the horn. I had hoped it might be as simple as that ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts