1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,364 Posts
played one, bought one, love...!

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,885 Posts
yep my curvy is the soprano which make me made peace with sopranos......

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,364 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,885 Posts
yes I slightly corrected the tense ......

·
Registered
957 Posts
Nachoman, Milandro: audio clips please!

·
Non Resident SOTW Eccentric & 2012 Forum Contribut
3,259 Posts
Played both the Bronze and the PRO M2 straights. Had them both for about a month to play around with.

The M2 is a superb soprano slightly better intonation and easier to play the palm key notes than my Keilwerth SX90II
The deluxe bronze is a good horn a little darker in tone to my ears, action isn't quite as smooth but at under a grand fantastic value for money, even has the high G key.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am currently playing an SX90 and it doesn't quite do it for me...

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,947 Posts

·
3,259 Posts
I am not sure if you are referring to the sound or the playing. IMO the quality of construction and playablity of the M2 is in the same league as any other top of the line sax that I have played. The reason I chose the JK in the end was I preferred the sound for what I do and the ergonomics from the adjustable palm keys. When I listen to my coach play the two I prefer the sound he gets from the M2 over the JK. He uses a different piece and plays a different way ... he's a local jazz and symphony player.

Whether one prefers the sound of one horn or another is such an individual thing. To put it in a context that I have way more experience in everyone that has heard agrees that my Dunn Ultrafox is a very special sounding guitar. Some in the Gypsy Jazz world don't like the rich full bodied sound it has for that genre others love it. There is no right or wrong to it in my mind.

In a direct comparison of the M2 to a Yammy 62 played by a top working pro in our area (his Yammy) three of us preferred the sound of the M2 as to us it seemed to have a stonger core and be a little more focussed. Does that make the M2 better. Not to my mind, both horns play really well they are just sound different. Just 'cause I prefer great fresh strawberries doesn't mean top quality Belgian chocolate isn't as good.

·
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is the M2 the new bronze or brass and is this the new model with the adjusted upper stack keywork?

·
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for all the input...I don't think the BW will do it for me...

·
SOTW Administrator
26,208 Posts
I played Pete's BW, and I thought it was a nice horn, with good intonation. I'd have to play it A/B with a 62 to see which I liked better (I play a 61)

·
3,259 Posts
I agree that the Bronze Bauhaus isn't quite up to Yammy 62 standard but then there is a significant difference in price. 62's used in good condition are more like the price of a new M2 pro model Bauhaus which is what I have compared it to.

I am not sure what finishes are available in sop for BW. I had a silver horn and it sounded great.

Apples to apples etc

1 - 17 of 17 Posts