Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any experience with a Bauhaus Walstein dealer named "Russ Becker Woodwind Studio" out of Clinton, CT? I'm interested in the horns and he is the dealer nearest to me geographically. Apparently there are only two U.S. distributors at this time, Russ Becker and "Just Saxes" which has just moved to California. I'd feel better about doing a transaction if some folks on here knew Russ or have had business dealings with him. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Well, I bought mine from U.K. There are good things said about Just Saxes, P Tung is the guys name I believe. Never heard of Russ Becker. Which one are you looking to buy?

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I checked his website www.russbecker.com & he has a 7 day trial period & return policy w/ refund minus a $20 restocking fee.

Looks like I might have to drive to Conn to check out a curvy sop pretty soon. Don't tell my wife :bluewink:

·
Registered
149 Posts
I bought my M2 from Russ. He is a great guy to work with, great on communication and follow-thru. After his tech fine-tuned my sax, I had it within a week! Russ even sent me a card when I had congestive heart failure. Call him up. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, guys! Very helpful, as always. I'm looking at the bronze curved sop. Sounds like Russ is a good guy__thanks, sergeant. I keep hearing these are really good horns for the money. The high dollar horns are just out of my range at this point in life. If I make this deal I'll report back about how it went and how I like the horn. After 20+ years of playing mostly tenor with some alto thrown in, a little soprano should be interesting. Thanks again. The community here at SOTW is just terrific!

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I hear nothing but good things about the Bauhaus-Walstein horns & it appears that Russ is great to deal with.

Let us know how you like that curvy sop!

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Had the bronze alto,straight and curved BW horns and just got a BW M2 Silverplated Tenor today,its fantastic.These M2 horns rock.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The M2 series look great and are certainly something of an upgrade with the roo pads and mother of pearl touch pieces. But unfortunately they don't yet offer a curved sop in the M2 series. I need the curved sop because I have issues with my thumb sockets and can't handle the ergonomics on a straight sop. And the M2 series are more expensive. I'm on a really tight budget (as always) and the price tag on the bronze curved sop looks really good to me. If I end up with one I'll post some pics, Eric, and pass on my impressions of the horn as well.

·
Non Resident SOTW Eccentric & 2012 Forum Contribut
3,259 Posts
I have both the bronze deluxe and an M2 and with the right setup and some careful work with lube the action on the deluxe is pretty close to the M2 and i just love the darkish tinge to the tone that i suspect is from the bronze.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts