Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Nice tone with good phrasing. Minor comment in terms of mix...I'd have the percussion lower or even absent in the mix and your playing a bit more up front. The guitar is particularly drown out by the percussion and it's playing those lovely backings that give your playing its natural counterpoint.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice tone with good phrasing. Minor comment in terms of mix...I'd have the percussion lower or even absent in the mix and your playing a bit more up front. The guitar is particularly drown out by the percussion and it's playing those lovely backings that give your playing its natural counterpoint.
You’re right, I’ll adjust the mix. I think if I bring down the dumbek by about 3dB it will improve things.

·
Registered
VI Soprano, Searchlight Alto, TH&C Tenor
1,350 Posts
i really dig alto, but got to admit that big flute sounds like a whole 'nother instrument; one with a really compelling sound to it. really a nice groove with the acoustic bass. more please.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After trying a few other percussion instruments I decided to stick with the dumbek. I just like the way it sits with the other instruments, especially now that the levels have been adjusted. Thanks for listening! Yep, I also love alto flute. Alto flute can be used in more varied live settings, whereas bass flute needs a more intimate setting to be effective.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts