Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Mississauga, Ontario Canada, and I was looking into buying a new tenor saxophone and came across the Barone saxophones sometime ago, and at the time, due to certain reasons, I was unable to buy one. So now I'm restarting my search for a new tenor saxophone and was wondering if there was anyone in Mississauga or in the GTA who's Barone Tenor I could try?

·
Banned
3,043 Posts
Looks like no one so far. I'd say a lot of us on SOTW bought them without having tried them first, so the reviews on here could provide you with an indication of their outstanding value and playability.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
As I recall, Phil offers a money-back guarantee in the unlikely event that you don't like the instrument-- provided you return it in pristine condition.

It's not as convenient or desirable as try-before-you-buy, but at least mitigates risk.

My PB MAC 8 (now called "vintage") is a very nice horn with nice key action (to my taste) and impeccable intonation. I'd place its tone color on the brighter side of the spectrum. It is an outstanding, effortless player with guts to the tone that is my go-to axe for all my gigs.

Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts