Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are they going for now a days... in very good condition... - Baritone keilwerth toneking Low A Thanks

Philo

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
There is/was a beautiful one for sale on one of the Facebook groups this week. $2300 made me think about acquiring yet another horn.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that the one... Are the Keilwerth ToneKing with the Low A, good horns? How much do they go for? Thanks...

Philo

There is/was a beautiful one for sale on one of the Facebook groups this week. $2300 made me think about acquiring yet another horn.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Milandro would be one source to reach out to if he doesn't show up soon. I think it is close to or the same as the Couf Superba.

Or, you could get the one Jaye recommends.

Yes that the one... Are the Keilwerth ToneKing with the Low A, good horns? How much do they go for? Thanks...

Philo

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is bad... after I send a down payment for the bari...

Dawid Plistowski went behind my back and sold the bari to another person off the street, there by, breaking our agreement on the terms of our deal. So, I'm out the bari. Someone suggested the stencil, but that horn needs to be put back together. For on now I will copy all messages when I make a deal either through private message or text. I feel this wasn't right for Dawid to just breaking our agreement the way he did.

Is it cool to post it here on what we exchanged on our messages? Philo

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
This is bad... after I send a down payment for the bari...

Dawid Plistowski went behind my back and sold the bari to another person off the street, there by, breaking our agreement on the terms of our deal. So, I'm out the bari. Someone suggested the stencil, but that horn needs to be put back together. For on now I will copy all messages when I make a deal either through private message or text. I feel this wasn't right for Dawid to just breaking our agreement the way he did.

Is it cool to post it here on what we exchanged on our messages? Philo
I had a similar experience with mr Dawid Pliskowski
We negotiated about the price for an alto and he fixed a price BUT after I was ready to pay him asking for final details (the serial number to report it into the transaction) he withdrew the sale and didn't want to sell saying that the price, the price HE fixed, was too low

... after I asked for the serial number...

This is enough for me to stay away from him and his saxophones

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes... it looks that way, but with me, we had an agreement and I had placed a down payment... Thanks...

I think everyone should know about this guy and get him out of the market, or at least warn others of his Charlatan ways...

Philo

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Yes... it looks that way, but with me, we had an agreement and I had placed a down payment... Thanks...

I think everyone should know about this guy and get him out of the market, or at least warn others of his Charlatan ways...

Philo
Yes I think.
I don't know if there is a place here to discuss about that kind of "sellers". If someone already started a thread about this guy I sure will report my experience.
I didn't make the payment just for a last detail, but I already had his email for paypal payment, just a couple of clicks and I would have done it

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks KennyZ and StuartSax for your input and advice, which I think I'm going to heed to. There is no place to post a problem like this... except at the original page where the bari was posted for sale... Horn Karma, that's a good one...

Philo

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
17,960 Posts
Someone suggested the stencil, but that horn needs to be put back together.
I guess the tongue in cheek, 'yankin' yer' chain' aspect didn't quite translate in my earlier suggestion :|

Don't sweat it. Something good will come your way. Horn-Karma.
Exactly. Clearly, based on what you posted - you were better off NOT completing a transaction with such a seller....

Do not 'rush' a bighorn purchase....take your time, you will find a good one....

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Hey c'mon, all the pieces seem in good condition....
JayeLID, I don't know how much goes a complete restoration for a baritone in that conditions in your area...
Here we talking about 850 euros = 930+$ to overhaul an alto not in Ikea conditions

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
17,960 Posts
JayeLID, I don't know how much goes a complete restoration for a baritone in that conditions in your area...
Here we talking about 850 euros = 930+$ to overhaul an alto not in Ikea conditions
True, but rarely do we find vintage horns in Ikea condition !

(sorry mate, I just couldn't resist :bluewink:)

No I was just being a wiseass, sorry to OP...no that eBay one is not in the realm of reality. I have offered the seller $800, which is really what it is worth, because even for me (a guy who refurbishes saxes), it's just not worth more.

For a person who would have to pay full outside tech price, which would be yes around $1000 her in US to bring that up to speed...his asking price makes no sense because one can buy a Superba I in great shape for $23-2500 (providing they can find one).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts