Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a sax player that is in the market for a bari which is my primary instrument and i would love some input from you guys on what works and not everything is helpful thanks
dave

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
18,000 Posts
Hi. Not sure I quite understand "not everything is helpful"...but...I am assuming you want some recommendations....and am assuming you are, relatively speaking, a beginner....

So, you say it is your primary instrument. So, what BigHorn are you playing now ? Do you own it, or rent it ?

What musical contexts do you wish to be involved in ? (i.e. are you strictly a sectional player ? Or do you wanna play some lead ?
Jazz ? Classical ? Rock/Blues/Funk/Latin ? That sorta stuff.....)

Do you have a budget in mind ? And what country are you in ?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am an advanced intermediate i play primarily jazz and play the YBS-52 and would like to move up to the pro world Budget isn't a big issue but probably under 5000 I am in the U.S.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,127 Posts
You already asked this in another thread : http://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?160534-what-are-some-old-new-baris-to-try

And you've already received quite a bit of advice already. But if you want more suggestions, or have more specific questions...why not ask there?

I'd imagine most of the responses here will echo those in your other thread. Plus, cross posting isn't allowed...and asking the same question in multiple places just fragments whatever feedback you get.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,597 Posts
I read it as "what works and not. Everything is helpful."

If you prefer low A, hard to beat a Yanagisawa or stencil. If you don't mind the Asian imports, I am extremely happy with my Barone bari. 3 years, only had 1 adjustment, the low B pad cup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts