Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am looking for a bari sax stand solution that is very portable. I practice in different buildings nearly every day and have regular rehearsals/gigs, that require me to take my sax with me. My only means of transport is a bike, I carry the sex case on my back.
I know that there is one company, woodwind-design, that makes a stand that would fit in the bell of my low A bari, but I can't afford it.
I've seen, and used, bass clarinet stands as bari stands. This does not work with a lot of the new designs, since the swapped the "cup" on the bottom for a triangle that does not securely hold the bottom of the bari. Does a bass clarinet stand exist, that holds a bari sax and either fits in the bell or can easily be strapped to the bari case?

Thank you for your help.

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
Hercules & K&M are cheap, portable and sturdy enough

Registered
The Hercules is strong but heavy. The K&M is a pretty good choice. You will probably have to bend and adjust it to fit your horn properly. To reduce weight and avoid fiddling once you get it adjusted, you could get rid of all the adjusting sleeves and tack weld the adjustments in place - also cutting out the duplicate tubing where one piece slides inside the other. My main bari stand is that style that I did that to. It can't be adjusted to any horn other than mine, but it fits mine perfectly (after all my tweaking).

Registered
The Hercules is strong but heavy. The K&M is a pretty good choice. You will probably have to bend and adjust it to fit your horn properly. To reduce weight and avoid fiddling once you get it adjusted, you could get rid of all the adjusting sleeves and tack weld the adjustments in place - also cutting out the duplicate tubing where one piece slides inside the other. My main bari stand is that style that I did that to. It can't be adjusted to any horn other than mine, but it fits mine perfectly (after all my tweaking).
+1, It's not that every gram counts but take a few ounces off and you'll notice the difference.

Registered
Spend the money and get this

https://www.woodwinddesign.nl/index...ds/baritone-sax-main-tube-209-detail?Itemid=0

It weighs like nothing and fits in the case.

Hello,

I am looking for a bari sax stand solution that is very portable. I practice in different buildings nearly every day and have regular rehearsals/gigs, that require me to take my sax with me. My only means of transport is a bike, I carry the sex case on my back.
I know that there is one company, woodwind-design, that makes a stand that would fit in the bell of my low A bari, but I can't afford it.
I've seen, and used, bass clarinet stands as bari stands. This does not work with a lot of the new designs, since the swapped the "cup" on the bottom for a triangle that does not securely hold the bottom of the bari. Does a bass clarinet stand exist, that holds a bari sax and either fits in the bell or can easily be strapped to the bari case?

Thank you for your help.

Registered
The K&M stand pictured above is adequate for most needs - and much lighter than most of the other heavy duty stuff.
As long as stage is stable and you have your area 'secured' you shouldn't have any issues.

Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2008
I can鈥檛 stand the K&M bari stands.

i swore by my SaxRax stands for years, but when I gig now, it鈥檚 usually with a Hercules. Bonus points for the Herc - you can put a clarinet peg on it.

The Jiffy stand is small, and excellent, but weighs a ton.

i used to carry my stands in a tripod bag, which conceivably could be attached to your cse with bungee cords.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts