Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
alto: 82Zii/Medusa, tenor: Medusa, bari: B-901, sop: sc-990
7,691 Posts
Not too many sax players double tongue at all, so just being able to do it is pretty cool. I like the sound. It's hard to do without rushing the tempo.

·
7,691 Posts
For me, the challenge is not double tonguing per se, but playing more than one note while doing it. It's hard to control while playing lines, but easy to control when just repeating a note.

·
7,691 Posts
I'd like to hear that. could you post?

·
7,691 Posts
Sounds great for a high school student. I hear you starting with the metronome but it would be more challenging to keep it going while you play. Try to listen to some Rudy Weidoeft. He is faster than that with single tongueing.

·
7,691 Posts
Dchalo, sorry i did not mean to put you down. I want to encourage you. When I said you sounded great for a high school student, I meant it. It's just that when you said you might set a world record, that is not the case now but with enough practice you might become the world's fastest double tonguer (is that a word?). Anyway, the point of all tonguing and articulation is be accurate and expressive. Just tonguing fast means nothing if it is not rhythmically accurate. That's why i suggested tonguing practice with the metronome on, not just to set a tempo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts