Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides the Sax Stick does such a thing exist? I'd prefer something I could simply mount and leave in place, and it would need to support a MacSax Low A. Sitting is not really an option for my band. All help greatly appreciated

·
Registered
4,146 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very interesting- it would seem the Kaling stand would be the most useful- does anyone have any info on how and where to find one? There was a link to Andreas in one of the posts but it goes to what seems to be a German news site.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
2,090 Posts
Very interesting- it would seem the Kaling stand would be the most useful- does anyone have any info on how and where to find one? There was a link to Andreas in one of the posts but it goes to what seems to be a German news site.
Here'a couple of links. I think he builds them to order. Howarth in the UK sells them. They're pricey, so probably not a big seller.

http://bassic-sax.info/blog/series/bass-saxophone-stands-by-andreas-kaling/

https://www.andreas-kaling.de/

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
alto: 82Zii/Medusa/Supreme, tenor: Medusa, bari: b-901, sop, sc-990
7,507 Posts
If you don't have one, get a good harness for your bari. You may find you can stand for long periods.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought a stand from Andreas Kaling a couple of years ago to use with my Buescher bass, and also bought an additional cradle for bari. It's very heavy and very stable, adjustable in every plane, and I highly recommend it. It took several months to get from the time I ordered because they seem to be built to order. It came with great instructions, including a video. Only possible downside is the weight, but that's the tradeoff for stability.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'll echo GNOSax. If anybody wants to see this hands-on in Texas, pm me. It's well-designed and well-made.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts