Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the physical characteristics of the Bari hard rubber soprano mouthpiece? Is it considered a small/med/large chamber? What sort of baffle does it have?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you J.Max/Mojo for the helpful info.

Part of the reason I'm interested is that I recently acquired a Buescher C soprano. With the supplied Buescher mpc (it's labeled with a Bb, not a C), the intonation was a challenge, and the timbre changed across octaves. Out of curiosity, I tried my Bari HR .68, which I use on my TT Bb soprano, and the intonation was greatly improved, along with the evenness of the tone across octaves.

The Bari is almost perfect. The only downsides are that it's loud, and just a bit bright. I'd like to try to get a little softer, darker tone. However, since I'd read that the C sops can be finicky with mouthpieces, I wanted to find out what other mpcs might have similar physical characteristics, so that I might narrow down the range of mouthpieces to try out.

Thanks again!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.