Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys so here is my problem. I play bari on mostly regular sax straps but now want a new harness. I already own a neotech super harness(which I love) but there is a large problem. I'm a big guy and don't fit into it anymore. I need an alternative. If there is nothing out there(which i doubt) I will stick with my regular strap.Oh by the way I'm 5' 10" tall and 320 pounds if that helps. thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I've been using a shoulder strap on my bari lately, specifically the Spinstrap. Forty bucks for a modified guitar strap, and the only problem I've had is the plastic scratched my lacquer until I put tape over the sharp corners. I can get the website for you later, if you wish.

·
Yes, one of the neck strap guys.
135 Posts
Neotech does make an X-Long Super Harness. The adjustablilty range is 3" longer than the regular (19" - 22" XL vs. 16 - 19" Reg) Perhaps that would give you the extra range you seek.

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Gemini Harness

I'd take a look at this one;

http://www.studiospace.com/rcsq/harness.htm

I have one of these that is over 15 years old and still works great. It used to be made by a company called Nobcor but now these guys at Royal City seem to own the rights to the design. It isn't easy to get and it's not cheap but it's the best I've found. They will also customize one for you based on your size.

Keith

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here is a estimate for you guys on my size View attachment 2074 I'm in the top right. this is our band at a football game. we won!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jonathanbyrnes said:
Get a Freeneck
available from
www.howarth.uk.com

IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE
The freeneck looks awesome. Lets see if I can persuade my mom:D

·
Registered
29 Posts
I use a bassoon shoulder strap, in the French Bassoon way, on the RIGHT shoulder. This is important, as, if you hang the strap on the left shoulder, the hook is down on your right side and the instrument swings uncomfortably back and around to your right, forcing your right elbow back. Hanging the strap from the right shoulder brings the instrument nicely in front, or enough to your right to feel natural. All the double reed retailers sell them and they're quite cheap. Only thing I'm not sure about is if they make them in larger sizes.
Give it a go.
John.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009-
2,766 Posts
THIS is another possibility; I can vouch for its comfort.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts