Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi friends! I'm on the hunt for bari duets for more advanced players. Two that I'm familiar with and have played are "Black" by Marc Mellits and "Knee Gas (ON)" by Ryan Brown. Both are bass clarinet duet transcriptions but they work well on bari. What other duets (original or transcribed) are you aware of for this instrumentation?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hi, There's a great duet book called Jazz Duets for Saxophones, cover scan attached. It's scored for E flat and B flat saxes and has an accompanying CD. The duets each have an introductory practice page which shows you the idea for the next full duet. The duets start simple, but get progressively more involved. The scan attached is of one about in the middle. On bari you may be a little higher than you want, but you could always transpose your favourites down to bring the bari bottom end in a bit more. Definitely recommend this book if you're looking for duet charts.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi friends! I'm on the hunt for bari duets for more advanced players. Two that I'm familiar with and have played are "Black" by Marc Mellits and "Knee Gas (ON)" by Ryan Brown. Both are bass clarinet duet transcriptions but they work well on bari. What other duets (original or transcribed) are you aware of for this instrumentation?
I do not know if there are any transcriptions, but Nick Brignola and Pepper Adams did an album called Baritone Madness. A great album!! The recording of Donna Lee is amazing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts