Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone who may be interested, Allegheny College in Meadville, PA hosts a band camp for adult musicians every year in June. Conductors are Col. Timothy Foley (retired director of the US Marine Band) and Capt. Michelle Rakers (current assistant director of the US Marine Band). Other instructors include professional musicians and college professors who teach master classes and lead small ensembles (including a saxophone ensemble, clarinet ensemble, jazz band, dixieland band, and many more). More info can be found here: http://sites.allegheny.edu/conference/band-camp-for-adult-musicians/, and I would be happy to answer any additional questions.

·
Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and Foru
8,588 Posts
Hmm... Pretty inexpensive for an adult camp. Not a bad thing.

·
Forum Contributor 2012, SOTW Saxophone Whisperer,
3,231 Posts
I believe Dr. Wyman (retired SUNY Fredonia) was involved with this group for many years - not sure if he still is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe Dr. Wyman (retired SUNY Fredonia) was involved with this group for many years - not sure if he still is.
That's correct, Laurence Wyman was the saxophone instructor at this camp for several years. Last year I believe they had Roby George from Indiana State, and I haven't heard for sure who the saxophone instructor will be this year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts