Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member & Forum Contributor 2016
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the following BAM soprano cases. I’m looking for a sturdier, more protective case than the original case that came with my late Mark VI soprano. I prefer minimalist cases as long has they are rugged and secure. I considered ProTec (I keep my EWI in one), but I’m concerned with the horn still being able to move about inside the case.

BAM Stage Series Soprano Case:
https://www.bamcases.com/en/lines/s...5114-stage-soprano-sax-case-grey-thunder.html

BAM Signature Soprano Case
https://www.bamcases.com/en/instrum...no/5095-signature-soprano-sax-case-black.html

Any other options? I’ve heard conflicting results with the BAM Trekking cases.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member & Forum Contributor 2016
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but I’m still looking for reviews on the BAM cases, not how to make the Protrc a little better fit.

Protec soprano cases a good. You may have to add a few pieces of foam to get a better fit.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008
1,295 Posts
The links you have do not work for me, at least. I’m my experience with both these cases they work ok but we’re not designed for the VI left hand palm keys. There are better cases out there and, for the money, they will protect your horn better. For about the same money you can get a custom case by Manning that are excellent for travel. I have one and they are similar to a Walt Johnson, so it’s a bit heavy if you don’t splurge for the carbon fiber. If you don’t travel by plane a good wood after market case made for a VIis more than fine. The Protech case for a Mark VI is almost as useless as a leather gig bag no matter what you add to it.

Anyway, none of this is probably surprising. It’s basic physics. A case that absorbs and transfers the energy of the impact is going to protect your horn. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Plus one for the full bam case for a one piece soprano saxophone. The only improvement I added was a set of washer reinforced rubber feet so that case can stand vertically without toppling over or scuff up that part of the case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts