Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have to change my tenor saxophone case. I consider getting BAM Softpack 4002S for my Selmer Reference 36, did anybody have any experiences with that case on this particular horn? I'd like also to know if it fits to the plane cabin locker (we're talking about standard Boeing 737).

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,309 Posts
Benon,
BAM uses Selmer instruments for the molds for their cases. I have two 36s both in the BAM Softpack case, and have been flying with them for over three years now as carry-ons with an average of three flights a month. Only in a few puddle jumpers has the case had to go into the closet instead of the overheads.

JR

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
7,134 Posts
I have these cases for alto and tenor. They are both good cases for walking in cities because you put them on your back and your hands are free. I especially prefer the alto case for ease of use. The tenor is also good but I started to use the Pro Tec now because it is more sturdy.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Benon - very good cases. I've put mine through heavy wear since 2004 or so, and it's holding up great. It does fit easily in the overhead bins - once, in a pinch, I even stuffed it under a seat - and the airlines have never given me any problems over it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all your responses guys, I have also one more question; does the Softpack allow attaching the hip hop soprano case to itself? Are they made of a hard plastic (ABS, or something like that)? I've used protec for some time and it worked pretty well, but it was a bit on the heavy side for me (I had a version with the wooden shell inside).

·
Registered
253 Posts
This may be totally off topic, but if we're talking cases, I'd go with the SKB Pro Contoured tenor case. I've got the alto and tenor models, and they are rock solid, small, and light cases. I haven't had a problem getting either onto airlines, and they came with very nice bell- bags for extra storage. The Tenor case has a little compartment inside, too. The strap rings and the latches are fantastic, and the tenor model can be locked. Personally, I don't think that there's a better case on the market.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts