Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to get a case for my new Yamaha 875EX II and I’ve narrowed it down to these two cases. I’ve seen rants and praise about both, so I’m looking for insight all in one nifty topic.

If any of you have had experience with one or both of these, I would love to hear your experience.

To me, it looks like the Hightech has more storage than Hiscox, but other than that they’re pretty similar. I could be completely wrong, but that’s why I’m here for advice from the best.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,492 Posts
I have the hiscox too and I solved the shoulder problem by replacing the shoulder pad (not strap) with a protec one off another case of mine. The hiscox is surprisingly light, extremely strong and very well made. Also, the artist model seems like a definite upgrade over the standard one. The catches and handle are of a much higher quality. Downsides are the lack of backpack straps and the lack of a subway handle.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Alto or Tenor?
I have the hiscox case for my alto. I don’t like that it doesn’t really support the body of the instrument along its entire length. It’s kind of like a lot of vintage cases in that regard. So I added a pad in the middle so hopefully the body won’t get bent if it ever takes a bad fall while inside the case. I also wouldn’t mind more storage, but keeping the neck in a Kiwi pouch down the bell helps. Otherwise I like the case.

·
Forum Contributor 2012, SOTW Saxophone Whisperer,
3,209 Posts
I have both Hiscox Artist cases for Alto and Tenor - NO complaints!!!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
The Hiscox tenor case can be a bit bulky. The Bam hightec case is a little more streamlined and sleek in my opinion. It also has backpack straps which is a huge plus.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts