Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Saxus Envious Curmudgeon
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has ANYONE gotten their hands on, or own one of the new BAM High Tec tenor or alto cases yet? If so, can you tell me where, how much and your impressions after using it for a while.....

Many thanks!

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Just for the record, I had a TERRIBLE experience with finecases.com. Bought my girlfriend a double french bow case for String Bass. They sent two wrong cases, never answered emails of phone calls, and it took three months to get my credit card refunded. If you have the patients of a saint, maybe you could get by using these guys. If not, go to someone more reputable.

Steve P

·
Forum Contributor 2008/Distinguished SOTW Member
3,295 Posts
Yeah, I keep checking there as it's the only place that lists any updates (BAMs website doesn't even mention the new cases). Personally, I suspect that they will never be produced...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Saxus Envious Curmudgeon
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the heads up on Finecases...I keep checking them and they are always posting a future date that keeps getting pushed forward....I am beginning to wonder if they will ever be produced too.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Here is the latest information from BAM on the Hightech Cases:

"Hi Bruce,
I have to go by what Bam tells me... the case is not out yet but it is still planned to be produced. The recent problem is the supply of one of the main component of the shell. The Airex foam is very limited and therefore, it was hard to launch a case with such a composition, where we wouldn't be able to get what we need. So, they have developed in France a new process to get over this problem, and create a new foam. I think this is still being tested for resistance to shock and compression, and hopefully, we'll be good to go after that. But I have no date to tell you.

Thank you once again for your patience,
Best regards,
Carole"

·
Forum Contributor 2008/Distinguished SOTW Member
3,295 Posts
I must say that I have had many conversations with Carole and she is very nice and forth coming with what she knows. How she keeps working with BAM through all of this is probably a testament of patience beyond my comprehension.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
This has to be the first time in the history of the saxophone since ol' Adolph invented it that a product was released for Baritone before the alto and tenor.
I love my Hightech baritone case. It's great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts