Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's a good price for a relac BA tenor that's in good playing shape? I'm assuming it's a "factory" relac that's not all buffed to hell. Any input is appreciated.

Registered
can you post a picture of the bell engraving for us to get an idea of the buffing level?
if the engraving is still relatively sharp, the lacquer is still mostly there (>95%), and pads have a good life left in them, I'd guess somewhere around $5k. these are rare to come by these days.

Banned
I agree with what has been posted. I think $4500 on the low end and 6500 on the high end. I think they need to be in excellent playing condition to get the high end. I think the USA horn is an example of a good relac. The other site has more buffed out ones. I have an original lac BA that I value at 8k. I've watched them for some time.

Banned
I bought a gently buffed relacquered BA last June for $3200.
It was an impulse buy because I鈥檝e never played one I liked much. I bought an aftermarket neck for it that really opened it up.
I never thought I鈥檇 put my old Mark VI to the side but I鈥檝e gotten really gun shy about taking it to gigs. I don鈥檛 have the same emotional feelings about the BA and I had a really beat up marching band rescue Mark VI that I鈥檇 been using.
I sold the beat up Mark VI for $3600 to get the BA.
You only sell a Selmer to get another.

Banned
That sounds like a great buy. However its a one off price. As you describe it, that horn would sell almost immediately at that price on Ebay. Thus the market value is higher. I have got lucky plenty of times on horns, but not BA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts