Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
im not sure that is the clip that you meant to link to.

it really doesnt show the sax.. great sound though

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The link works fine with me. I just tried it twice. The account has definitely not been hacked: I know the guy who's offering that horn. It's not a matter of trust or doubt, I'm just not sure and would like your opinion.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,030 Posts
Here is what I get:

This listing (**********) has been removed, or this item is not available.
Please check that you've entered the correct item number
Listings that have ended 90 or more days ago will not be available for viewing.
Additional site navigation
Copyright © 1995-2018 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Accessibility, User Agreement, Privacy, Cookies and AdChoice
Norton Secured - powered by Verisign

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
O.K., I'll give it a last try: I have just copied the link again and hope it will now work. Funny that it worked with me, but it might be due to the fact that I had copied it and it was still in my clipboard, who knows.

·
Registered
917 Posts
the link works for me now.

the engraving looks good. but ive never seen some of the "flower" engravings before. picture 7

could it have been re-engraved?

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,903 Posts
May be the photos, but looks too light.

It also seems something very off about the keywork, as if it's nickel plate then some coloured lacqyer over the top that is wearing in places.

Also the seller doesn't say originbla lacqer, which you would expect them to say if they were selling as such.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,030 Posts
Strange....I got this just now:

Copyright © 1995-2018 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Accessibility, User Agreement, Privacy, Cookies and AdChoice

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can't explain what's going on with that link. For some of you it will work, for others it won't. The only explanation I can think of is that the seller will only ship to Germany (if I interprete the offer correctly). Can this result in blocking the offer for certain countries? I simply can't tell.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
The link works for me. I don't think the lacquer is original. The engraving looks buffed out in spots. Other spots look sharp like those areas were not buffed or possibly re-engraved. My opinion.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Strange....I got this just now:

Yeah, same here...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi,
that seems to be my listing. The horn has been assessed by Bruno Waltersbacher who told me it is in original condition. He said that Selmer USA sometimes lacquered horns after the engraving. You can see that the engraving looks shallow only on the bow. Anywhere else it is crisp.

Would be happy if anyone could confirm Bruno‘s assessment.

However the lacquer is, original or not. The horn is a beauty and plays as it should. It is also fir sale locally and may not resist the begging of my friends here to let it go quickly. It may go as early as wednesday.

I would have offered via saxontheweb but for some reason it doesn‘t let me post...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
You can get in touch with me directly. My number is 017661397328 (Germany). We can discuss the lacquer and anything else.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
I have no dog in this fight but from the functional standpoint, if you have a hard time telling whether it's been relacquered or not, then from a functional standpoint it won't matter.

I'm not qualified to comment on the price aspect.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts