Sax on the Web Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anybody happen to have, or know where i could download the solo for Baker Street by Gerry Raferti, the song sounds so nice i just have this urge to play it. If this is not possible can somebody at least give me the notes of the solo, thankyou.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Im with you Ksentinal i too have been tryng to find that song for some time and would really appreciate a copy. it is such a great solo. I can't even find it in music shops :(

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Sassaphone

I Have private messaged you with my E-mail address
Thanks in Advance :)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member and Columnist, Forum Con
3,801 Posts
I hear this request so much. Don't they teach anything in schools now-a-days? :Rant:

If you listen to the song you can figure out the solo in about five minutes; it truly is a simple piece. That is what my students do. :cool:

That said, here are the eight bars that will get you there. Note, there are only five notes in this piece. Now don't you wish you'd taken the time to just figure it out?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Thanks Gandalfe
i'm 47 years old and have been learning the sax for about 3 months
i wouldn't know what note sounded like what if they jumped up and bit me
im still learning that
this looks like a good work out for the octave key though :cry:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Great idea My octave work needs some work. i can get up there but getting back down is harder. when i release the octave key im still playing the upper octave. i know it's me. i have trouble with every new note i play in any register. but i always manage to play it right in the end and with consistency. :)
playing the sax is somthing i have always wanted but until now never had the finances or time (horns ain't cheap)
this place has been an inspiration. The late bloomers forum has made me realise i am not the only one.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member and Columnist, Forum Con
3,801 Posts
K, most people don't post their actual e-mail alias on the Internet because that increases your chances of getting SPAMMED, death by a thousand unwanted ads. Your address can be used if you use something like ksentinelATgmailDOTcom. You might want to edit your post below.

·
Premium Member
4,849 Posts
fallchild said:
hey sassaphone, would I be able to reciever the music for baker street [email protected]
Follow the link in Gandalfe's post above - it's still on his site.

·
Registered
9 Posts
KSENTINEL, sounds like you probably have want you want now, but I bought a book containing 'Baker Street' sheet music from www.musicsales.com. It is one of the 'Saxmania' series. Entitled 'Great Solos'. Arrangement for Eb & Bb saxophones. Publisher is Wise Publications. ISBN 0-7119-3185-2. Order No.AM90123. I hope that I am not breaking any forum rules here, re advertising, as I am a new member to this site. I have only been playing for 2 years, and I am 48, and I fully appreciate what Bernards20040 means! However, I can tell you that it is written in the key of B major (or is it G#minor). There are 5 sharps, anyhow! Sorry, but I have had to learn music as well as playing for the first time.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Baker street

aquatic said:
this might help a little. i hope so,

Yeah thanks it sounds good! My wife asked me why it sounds different from the sound track - she means the 'blare' effect which you hear on the live/studio version. I guess is due to the amplification and probably effects achieved through the electronics etc.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
421 Posts
aquatic said:
this might help a little. i hope so,

:sign5:

This is how the trumpet player in my band writes out all his parts. We call it hyroglyphics. Althouth I will say the part above is a lot neater than his stuff. Licks all over the place :? I'll give him a chart that I've painstakingly have written out in Finale and he'll come back the next week with something that looks like this. It's like his mind makes the connection between F spelled out and what he plays, but not :line5:.

I guess I'm the other way around - if I see a note of sheet music I translate it to the fingering without even thinking about it's name.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Baker street transcript

Hi Sassaphone,
I really appreciate it if you could send me the Baker Street sheet music as I've been playing the sax for about 2 years now and would like to learn this song.
My email address is [email protected] - to everyone else, please don't give me any spam as I get enough already!!

Thanks in advance,

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.