Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my Bags from Spain ecobag tenor case a couple of weeks now and i must say its great.Huge outer pocket,very solid and light.Great wheels on the bottom.Padding is tops also.Fits my borgani great and that has a wider bell flare. View attachment 30517

any 1 else enjoying 1 of these.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,858 Posts
I am curious, what makes this bag an " eco" bag?

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eco Line
EcoBags, our signature model, utilize eco-friendly renewable resources, and have been created with the aim of providing professionals excellent protection and a light and comfortable means of transporting their instruments, while always ensuring the best quality and highest finishing standards. This aim has been achieved by means of a thoroughly studied design, careful selection of materials, and strict quality control. Ecobags protect your instrument from the elements with waterproof thermal insulation. Keeps your instrument safe and secure with super high-density foam to absorb everything from everyday nicks and dings to high impact collisions. Our Eco line also offers different ways to transport the instrument (like rucksack, straps, handless).

thats the info.

·
38,858 Posts
thanks, as vague as possible a claim to ecology, sounds like a jump on the bandwagon, nevertheless it can be a good product

·
Registered
332 Posts
WHy this one rather than the bag you are selling? What is the advantage of this over the Soundwear bag?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Shade-grown Cordura was being harvested to near extinction. Now there are government-mandated protected farms in Brazil and Costa Rica. Velour which is used for the plush lining, has always enjoyed a robust harvest year after year since the premiere of Saturday Night Fever and is grown on the coast of Bensonhurst, NY. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WHy this one rather than the bag you are selling? What is the advantage of this over the Soundwear bag?
I bought the soundwear for local around the door gigs and loved the 2 huge outer pockets for dots,stands etc for my custom Z tenor and also bought a Bam Cabin case for long haul gigs but sold the Z tenor to make way for my borgani.The borg has a longer bell and a wider bell flare so both would not fit,sold the cabin case to a friend,now letting the soundwear go,its more a hard case than bag.I still have my borgani blue leather case but dont want it getting wrecked as its so nice.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,309 Posts
"eco-friendly renewable resources"
Exactly what I was thinking about when I had my case custom built with alligator skin exterior!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
4,881 Posts
I was just thinking about removing the cover from a GATOR case and taking it to a local leather worker to have it re-covered. Might cost a fortune, but will look good!

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well i got the case new and it was half price in the sale at sax.co.uk and i had seen 1 years ago and it looked very nice,if it had been in a alligator skin exterior it would have looked amazing.

·
38,858 Posts
oh, an echo, not ecologic..........and accentuated reverberation :bluewink:

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh, an echo, not ecologic..........and accentuated reverberation :bluewink:
Its been a long day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i said a long day,is there a echo in here,here,here. The edit was used,silly me.

·
2,597 Posts
Mary Fettig (pro with serious chops) uses a "Bags from Spain" case, and really likes it (I don't know if it is the Eco version or not). Comparing it to a nearby newish Selmer case, a lot of the details looked identical, making me think that Selmer may source their cases from these folks.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
4,466 Posts
"eco-friendly renewable resources"
Exactly what I was thinking about when I had my case custom built with alligator skin exterior!

hmmmm....I tried getting some alligator shoes........but they didn't have his size.

·
14,268 Posts
Borganiboy: This case may be the best case EVER, but when someone adds "eco" to their offerings and includes a bunch of mumbo-jumbo about "green" issues in their marketing pap, I tend to become suspicious of their real motives. But that's just me, so enjoy the case. DAVE

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Borganiboy: This case may be the best case EVER, but when someone adds "eco" to their offerings and includes a bunch of mumbo-jumbo about "green" issues in their marketing pap, I tend to become suspicious of their real motives. But that's just me, so enjoy the case. DAVE
Thats fair enough but i only posted the thread to say it was a great case,not the best EVER.I only put the name of the case as it is sold and that has eco in it.I dont really care if it is or not,it is what it is,a great solid,light and cool looking case i got at a great price that fits my big bell borg sax.

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
I've lost track of the topic, but FWIW, I've used Bags cases for several years now and I like them. I was introduced to them in Italy by a repair guy who loved them. He showed me his "eco" clarinet case and then dropped it on the floor from shoulder height to show how protective they can be. I've had an alto and a French horn case. IMO they are about as protective as ProTecs, look hipper (subjective).

1 - 20 of 31 Posts