Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am disappointed with Forestone-Japan reed client service. I made a purchase in October 2010. Last week I sent an E-mail asking for what can I do about my reed (I never received it) and the only response I get from them was that they can't do anything to know what happen with the lost reed.
I will continue playing with my Fibracell Premier (great reeds)

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Lately I've been making my internet purchases through Amazon. Sellers doing business linked with Amazon are responsible to Amazon for customer satisfaction because of an agreement with Amazon. I've ordered Forestone reeds through Amazon. They're shipped immediately because if a customer complains to Amazon the retailer must answer to Amazon and could lose their status as an Amazon seller. As a Prime Amazon customer I also usually get free shipping. Many sellers are signing with Amazon as an alternative to eBay. Amazon doesn't actually ship most merchandise. They pass the order along to like Music123, Musicians Friend and others. If you're not satisfied with the service you complain to Amazon. The service is great,
never had a problem.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lately I've been making my internet purchases through Amazon. Sellers doing business linked with Amazon are responsible to Amazon for customer satisfaction because of an agreement with Amazon. I've ordered Forestone reeds through Amazon. They're shipped immediately because if a customer complains to Amazon the retailer must answer to Amazon and could lose their status as an Amazon seller. As a Prime Amazon customer I also usually get free shipping. Many sellers are signing with Amazon as an alternative to eBay. Amazon doesn't actually ship most merchandise. They pass the order along to like Music123, Musicians Friend and others. If you're not satisfied with the service you complain to Amazon. The service is great,
never had a problem.
Thanks a lot for the tip!

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
I ordered 6 sax reeds direct. For one of them they pulled a clarinet reed. They wanted me to send it back to Japan for an exchange. I asked for them to pay return costs and they said to just keep it and they would send another one. They did.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered 6 sax reeds direct. For one of them they pulled a clarinet reed. They wanted me to send it back to Japan for an exchange. I asked for them to pay return costs and they said to just keep it and they would send another one. They did.
That´s nice Mojo. Maybe I contacted the wrong person there in Forestone-Japan. But in my case, they lost a client.
I have seen that Sax-ccessories.com carry Forestone reeds. I´ll see if I order some from them

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is your experience with reed strength using Foestone alto reeds?
Recently I have been playing Fibracell Premier number 3.5 and 4 with a Claude Lakey original 6*3 and I am very comfortable with this setup.
I would like to know what equivalent should I buy for Forestone.

Thanks for any input

·
Banned
2,397 Posts
In my experience they are very hard/stiff so I would drop a whole #. E.g. if you normally play a 4 order a 3. I'm not yet convinced about the forestone as I haven't found with the mouthpieces I use that it gives me the tone I want. Have reverted to the fibracell as it easily gives the tone I want. Tone from any type reed is a very perosnal choice.

·
Registered
64 Posts
In my experience they are very hard/stiff so I would drop a whole #. E.g. if you normally play a 4 order a 3. I'm not yet convinced about the forestone as I haven't found with the mouthpieces I use that it gives me the tone I want. Have reverted to the fibracell as it easily gives the tone I want. Tone from any type reed is a very perosnal choice.
Totally disagree.
I have been playing Fibracell 2,5 for a couple of years and I am now playing Forestone 3,5 which i find equivalent to FC 2,5.
I am very satisfied with Forestone. I can't define it, but it gives me more......
BTW, I am playing alto (different brands) and I have an old BL.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for the input
I have received two Forestone alto reeds from Brian Stevenson and Music Factory Direct , one 3 and one 3.5 Since I have several mouthpieces I have found that the 3.0 is perfect for my Lakey 6*3, but the 3.5 is too stiff. The 3.5 is about the same strength that a Legere studio cut 2.5 or 2.75,
Last Saturday I played a gig with my Forestone 3.0 and Lakey mpc, nice articulation and enough resistance to get my altissimo F til E.
I am going to try the 3.5 with my Jumbo A45 maybe for a loud environment it will be useful.
The tone is not the one I like the most but I can survive with it, I prefer the warm feeling of Fibracells

1 - 9 of 9 Posts