Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a case that you can wear like a backpack? Sometimes I have to haul my sax a few blocks through the city and the over-the-shoulder style strap is terrible for anything longer than the trip between my car and my house.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,938 Posts
BAM

See BAMcases.com

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Protec also makes backpack straps for it's cases and you can probably get a case cover to fit you present case with built in backpack straps as well if you're interested.

·
Banned
39 Posts
Colorado Case Company makes great backpack covers for different hard cases. I have one for my Walt Johnson and it's great because the WJ doesn't have room for much but the Colorado cover has a nice outside pocket. The straps are very strong and super comfortable, I really like mine plus it protects the case from getting scratched up.
http://www.coloradocase.com/saxophone.html

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I purchased a Guardian light case for my tenor with back pack straps through Amazon. Very inexpensive. I paid $105, delivered, a few months ago. I see they are up to $160 now. The SKB listed looks similar, at $116, but it's hard to tell if it comes with straps.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
5,444 Posts
With Protec cases, you can buy backpack straps for something like $20 and you can buy a water resistant cover for about the same amount. I'd have to DDG (duckduckgo.com) the cases but I think a Protect tenor will set you back about $150 nowadays but are very protective cases. It's what my Kessler Custom Deluxe tenor resides in now...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Love my BAM cases!

·
Distinguished SOTW Researcher
2,848 Posts
The Protec is nice, it's a contoured case, and you can remove the backpack straps when you just want to carry the case over the shoulder, or by the handles. The backpacks fit alto or tenor, so you can switch them between cases if you have both, like I do.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
6,086 Posts
The Protec is nice, it's a contoured case, and you can remove the backpack straps when you just want to carry the case over the shoulder, or by the handles. The backpacks fit alto or tenor, so you can switch them between cases if you have both, like I do.
Another recommendation for the Protec Contour. Sturdy, reasonably priced, protective, and it has other features I like as well...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the advice guys! I didn't think there were so many options. I've got a lot to consider now. My shoulder thanks you guys.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The case that came with my YAS-62 had straps but they weren't all that padded. I've heard BAM makes great cases with straps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts