Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't sure which section this would go in. I am setting up a 1 man act with my saxophones and my Macbook Pro or an ipod for backing tracks all through a PA. Anyone know where to get some quality backing tracks for contemporary jazz and pop hits that people would recognize? I need enough for 2 hours and I have some stuff I can use but most of the playalongs I have are not good enough for a gig imo.

·
Registered
275 Posts
You can go to Amazon under mp3 downloads and find various selections. The key is to enter the title of the song and then "Karaoke" next to it. Several versions of that song in instrumental-karaoke format will appear. Songs made famous by Lionel Richie, Billie Joel, Seal, Michael Jackson, etc are all present and have good quality backing tracks that will allow you to play the melodies and even do some improv if you like. It works for me and only for $0.89 to $0.99 each song.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I tunes karaoke is also a great way to find tunes. They may not always be in the original key, or, for that matter, a comfortable key, but they work for pop tunes. If you're looking for jazz, Itunes won't do that much for you.

·
Registered
695 Posts
+ on what's been said but simply Google 'backing tracks' and you'll come up with lots of sites that will charge anything from a buck to maybe $15 per track. Not sure what you've got for playalongs but both Aebersold and Hal Leonard have lots of stuff that will work great. Check out the Hal Leonard books for stevie Wonder, Motown, Soul Jazz and others.

Also, I use Band In A Box to create great sounding tracks. Using the 'real' instruments you can set up your own arrangement for your favourite tunes and when converted to mp3 files just move them on to your ipad/whatever....

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
I search for midi files, then put on some soft synths, sometimes take into BIAB to mess around with them, A few years back I bought a couple karaoke CD's on ebay that are pretty good, pop, motown type stuff, that seller seems to be gone though. You do what you gotta do and what you can afford.

wow checking out saxsolos stuff, the blue bossa track sounds great and its more than 14 minutes long!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have several tracks....let me know what u might need... Mine are high quality real instruments done in a recording studio...
What do you have? I am looking for anything contemporary. Funk, R&B, whatever.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts