1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Curious, I know these horns were sold with 3 necks--hence the model name. But I often see them for sale with just one. Were the others lost or sold off separately, or were the additional necks originally an upgrade?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2010
3,310 Posts
I hadnt realised that about the name! The three necks (and custom case) were typically only seen on "Goldbrass" horns. Most Medussas were just the single standard neck and brass horn I think.

And yes, this looks like a great deal. Hopefully someone will jump on it and put temptation to bed...

·
38,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He has just reduced the price this morning. If you need more references he was a pupil of SOTW member Aldevis.

On the ad under “ toon nummer” (click) you will see his tel number add +31 and take the 0 away you can get in touch on whatsapp for example.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
7,131 Posts
Zoot, some Medusa saxes were sold with 3 necks but many were sold with a single neck. As Canadiain says, the three neck were mainly the "Goldbrass" horns.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
7,131 Posts
A friend of mine (not a member here) has asked me to see if there were people whom may be interested in one of these.…
That is a great price Milandro.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Thanks for the explanation, soybean & Canadiain. 'Hope your friend's sale goes well, milandro.

·
38,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have spoken to him yesterday, he hasn’t told me of anyone getting in touch with him yet.

Alessandro has recently moved to the NL and is looking to attend master courses at some conservatorium here.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
Picked up a sax in 2002 and here I am.
2,010 Posts
Those had the silver-plated bell and keys with lacquer body tube, a look I really did not care for.
Have you played one? I get the look is important but these horns have something special going on! I never played an Alto that could subtone so effortlessly with such a complex tone. Could just be this example but worth a play if you haven’t already.

·
38,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts