Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I´m about to sell my backup tenor,a blue label B&S, and I need some help pricing it....any ideas??
It has just been totally overhauled so it´s in perfect condition.
I tryed to find prices from internet but I found almost nothing for some reason.
This is a big bore horn and it´s very good but I just don´t need it anymore.
That´s why I´m selling it.
I´m thankfuol for all the help pricing this horn,thanks.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any price idea??
It has serialnumber 15XX,what year is it from?
Happy for all the ifo you have,thanks!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,862 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2010
3,310 Posts
Less than the going rate for 2001s etc is my impression in the used market. There are a few optimists out there though trying to prove me wrong.

·
Forum Contributor 2015-2017
402 Posts
Not an entirly different subject but does anyone know of who may have a couple of the tenor Blue Labels only for sale. Just the badge, I have a sax. Thank you.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,847 Posts
Less than the going rate for 2001s etc is my impression in the used market. There are a few optimists out there though trying to prove me wrong.
Quite a bit less than that I should think! Although the blue labels have a good fame they are nowhere as sophisticated as the 2001 , Medusa, etc. etc. Here they are 1000€ tops for a tenor and less for an Alto. I have a Blue label baritone for sale for 1000€ and I have had it for quite some time.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
7,131 Posts
I agree with Milandro. They would be less valuable than a 2001, Medusa, CJS, etc. Those are some of the brands made by B&S. Your blue label was earlier design.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,847 Posts
Not an entirly different subject but does anyone know of who may have a couple of the tenor Blue Labels only for sale. Just the badge, I have a sax. Thank you.
try to get in touch with this Dutch shop they used to be the importers for Weltklang and B&S they could have some from an old horn
http://www.mullermuziek.com/

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,679 Posts
In the states a B&S Blue Label tenor should go between $750-$1200.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts