Sax on the Web Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Far and away the best and easiest horns to play when it comes to sub-toning! Complex, rich, can whisper like no other! All modern day B&S horns have outstanding engineering, build quality and I'm sure they will outlive us all!
Yup, couldn't have said it better!

Serial No 012854 - for those who were looking at that eBay listing

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ive only ever seen the three hole arrangement on Blue Labels
Yes, Canadiain, me the same - three hole patent on Blue Label, but I was asking about THIS 2001 (as quote in quotes).

In early 2001 there were three holes, what about the one of user -lostcircuits- , as was mentioned above (not so old version, I believe)?
Three or one hole?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Yes, Canadiain, me the same - three hole patent on Blue Label, but I was asking about THIS 2001 (as quote in quotes).

In early 2001 there were three holes, what about the one of user -lostcircuits- , as was mentioned above (not so old version, I believe)?
Three or one hole?
You mention a patent on three holes? My 1941 King Zephyr Bari has three holes

Thanks
Michael

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
Picked up a sax in 2002 and here I am.
2,186 Posts
Aside from the Blue Labels, can't say I've seen a three ring setup. I've owned most modern B&S horns and stencils and all had a single ring.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yes, I confirm - my B&S 2001 nr 5xx has three holes. The same like Blue Label has.

lostcircuits:
Saying 3 holes patent I meant peculiar, novel, unconventional - it looks like more brands have had it in their technology for a long time.
I'm not surprised, because it's an interesting and useful construction solution, I have been wondering why it is not widely used, it gives a comfortable balance. Anyway, in the later 2001, Medusa, etc. - brand B&S gave up 3-holes element in favor of the generally-used 1-hole sling ring.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Yes, I confirm - my B&S 2001 nr 5xx has three holes. The same like Blue Label has.

lostcircuits:
Saying 3 holes patent I meant peculiar, novel, unconventional - it looks like more brands have had it in their technology for a long time.
I'm not surprised, because it's an interesting and useful construction solution, I have been wondering why it is not widely used, it gives a comfortable balance. Anyway, in the later 2001, Medusa, etc. - brand B&S gave up 3-holes element in favor of the generally-used 1-hole sling ring.
Musical instrument Wood Gold Chair Woodwind instrument

Thanks KeyPi, here is a picture of the 3 holes on my King Zephyr

Regards
Michael

41 - 54 of 54 Posts