Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2017
7,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased yet another 2001 and it requires a complete rebuild and bath. Should I go back with the flat washer resonators as original or selmer style red plastic?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,933 Posts
Size matters more than material. Talk to your tech. What do they stock?

What do you have on your other 2001 tenors? Do you want more of the same, or are you seeking change?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,536 Posts
I have been through this and I promise you it absolutely doesn't matter. All that matters is that the pads and properly seated and that you the resonators are in and of sufficient size and properly installed on the pads. If you like the look of the metal as I do and can spring for the extra $150 or so then go for it, otherwise the plastic resos will be just as good.

I just purchased yet another 2001 and it requires a complete rebuild and bath. Should I go back with the flat washer resonators as original or selmer style red plastic?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,536 Posts
YES exactly correct. SIZE MATTERS. Material of resos doesn't. You need a hard smooth surface, metal or plastic.

What do you have on your other 2001 tenors? Do you want more of the same, or are you seeking change?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
1,994 Posts
That is a deal, though it’s in Israel and the seller has limited feedback, so not without risk.

·
Forum Contributor 2017
7,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is a deal, though it’s in Israel and the seller has limited feedback, so not without risk.
I saw that this morning. Nice closet horn. If I didn't already have 3 and one being overhauled I would definitely bid on it.

·
Forum Contributor 2017
7,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been through this and I promise you it absolutely doesn't matter. All that matters is that the pads and properly seated and that you the resonators are in and of sufficient size and properly installed on the pads. If you like the look of the metal as I do and can spring for the extra $150 or so then go for it, otherwise the plastic resos will be just as good.
My tech has the domed and for only an additional $25 with the overhaul and sonic bath at $560. Thanks Larry

·
Forum Contributor 2017
7,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

My other B&S have the flat metal resos and thought it would be nice to put domed one on since tech has them in stock.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
7,129 Posts
You might try Nojouks resos (pronounced “noyek”). They are the crinkly metal ones. My tech likes them for maximum power.

·
Forum Contributor 2017
7,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You might try Nojouks resos (pronounced “noyek”). They are the crinkly metal ones. My tech likes them for maximum power.
I took a look at those as well as other Curt Alterac offers. My tech says he feels more comfortable using the ones he has in stock with the pads he has privately made.

He has overhauled three other tenors for me and his set up works well for me. I have had him use the selmer red resos on a Selmer SA80II and it played nice as well.

·
Forum Contributor 2017
7,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I went with domed metal resos instead of flat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts