Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,068 Posts
That's a really, really cool article. Thanks for posting it!

I love how B.B. compares The Edge to Freddie Green. I have never in my life thought of that, but it really does make a lot of sense (I'm also a huge U2 fan, and a fan of The Edge in particular). B.B. King is an insightful guy with an incredible ears, for sure.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
That's a really, really cool article. Thanks for posting it!

I love how B.B. compares The Edge to Freddie Green. I have never in my life thought of that, but it really does make a lot of sense (I'm also a huge U2 fan, and a fan of The Edge in particular). B.B. King is an insightful guy with an incredible ears, for sure.
You're a fan of the exact same delay in every song?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,068 Posts
You're a fan of the exact same delay in every song?
AW, SNAP!

Yes. That's exactly what I like about him, and absolutely nothing else. :)

Nah, I don't mean to be snippy. I think he's a brilliant, efficient player who can drive a song and also set a really powerful vibe in simple, profound ways, and his beautiful sound has a lot to do with it. A lot of people think he sucks because he never solos, but he-- along with Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois, of course-- did some amazing things on "The Unforgettable Fire" and "The Joshua Tree." The sounds on those records are unbelievable, and The Edge has a lot to do with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts